It’s a spring break & summer tradition for Green Park Vikings. The hottest spirit event on news feeds…and you’re invited.
Here’s how it works…
- Print off your Flat Stanley: The Viking
- Color, decorate, cut out
- Pack in your luggage and take on your summer vacation or fun summer hot spot
- Show some spirit! Wear your favorite GP wear and take a picture with Flat Stanley: The Viking
- Email photo including name, and location to: Katy Schmitt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Facebook regularly for updates throughout the summer. Let’s see how many places we can take Flat Stanley: The Viking and spread our school spirit. Supporters and alumni encouraged to participate!
Based on the popular children’s books by Jeff Brown, The Flat Stanley Project started in 1995 by Dale Hubert. In the story, Stanley Lambchop is a little boy who is squished “flat as a pancake” when a bulletin board falls on home as he sleeps one night. Stanley soon discovers some real advantages to being flat. This allows Stanley to participate in a series of adventures as he is mailed all around the world.
Kindergarteners at Green Park Lutheran School in Miss Stephanie Torbeck’s class learn about Flat Stanley. Each year, students mail their decorated Flat Stanleys to friends and family out of town. What’s special to the class is when photos are mailed back describing his adventures.