It’s a spring break, weekend getaway, and summer tradition for Green Park Vikings. The hottest spirit event on news feeds…and you’re invited!
Here’s how it works…
- Print off your Flat Stanley: the Viking or download the pre-colored version!
- Color, decorate, cut out.
- Pack Flat Stanley in your luggage and take him on your Spring Break, Weekend Getaway, or Summer Vacation
- Show some spirit! Wear your favorite GP wear and take a picture with Flat Stanley: the Viking.
- Email photo including name, location, and fun caption/description to: Katie Gaeta Katie.Gaeta@GreenParkLutheranSchool.org
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter throughout your time off! Let’s see how many places we can take Flat Stanley: The Viking and spread our school spirit. Supporters and alumni encouraged to participate!
Based on the popular children’s books by Jeff Brown, The Flat Stanley Project started in 1995 by Dale Hubert. In the story, Stanley Lambchop is a little boy who is squished “flat as a pancake” when a bulletin board falls on home as he sleeps one night. Stanley soon discovers some real advantages to being flat. This allows Stanley to participate in a series of adventures as he is mailed all around the world.
Kindergarteners at Green Park Lutheran School in Miss Stephanie Torbeck’s class learn about Flat Stanley. Each year, students mail their decorated Flat Stanleys to friends and family out of town. What’s special to the class is when photos are mailed back describing his adventures.